- I have finished my first round of physical therapy! Already, my ankle is nearly back to full strength and flexibility.
- I began my second round of physical therapy three weeks ago and will finish the day before I leave for New Orleans. This was recommended for extra strength since I'm still not 100% back with my dancing abilities.
- At my recent visit to my podiatrist, he said that everything was healing nice and tight like it should.
- My dancing is improving on the daily. As of Monday, my slip jig is finally feeling back to it's pre-injury self, I even added an over back into my lead! My hard shoe focus is mainly getting my stamina back up.
- Fun fact: I use a roll and a half of athletic tape each day I dance to tape up both ankles for injury prevention and maintenance. I own a case of athletic tape for this reason, and I will probably be halfway through this box by Oireachtas.
- My confirmed dances for the big day: solos (senior ladies), mixed four-hand, ladies eight-hand, and figure choreography. It promises to be a long day since the southern region so lovingly puts all the senior solos and all teams on the same day.
- I designed the shirts you'll see my dance school wearing at this years Oireachtas. I won't give any sneak previews, though. You'll have to wait till the SRO to see them, but let me say, we will stand out.
- We recently were on a two week break with dance classes, and while it doesn't fall at the most opportune time, I was able to fit in small drilling sessions at home, which have had varying degrees of success. Less success after Sandy hit and I got behind in job things.
Other dance things
- October has passed, and with it my five year dance-iversary! Happy five years of dancing to me.
- This past weekend was Feis Culkin, which I chose not dance in. I decided to save my ankles from intense competition until my Oireachtas marathon day. Regardless, I did have nightmares the night before the feis about showing up late to dance even though I wasn't registered.
- Check out these pants. Just look at how perfectly they match my solo. Plan on me wearing them at the Oireachtas.
- Also in my Oireachtas fashion suitcase: this Captain America shirt to rock on the day that I'm dancing so I can be the Star Spangled Girl with the Curls. I still have to do some tailoring for easy over the wig removal...
Days till Os: 25