I have procrastinated this year on my annual yearly goals post. (In fact, I have procrastinated too much on blogging all together since my last post). My 2014 goals officially include:
- Heal my ankle.
- Post on Rince go Bragh biweekly.
- Feis as much as possible in May and June.
- Heal from ankle surgery.
2014 has not been the best start to my new. The second week in January, I was practicing slip jig at dance, and landed a jump wrong and tore two ligaments in my right ankle. Two ligaments that were previously been torn in 2012, the last time I had slip jigs as my soft shoe dance. Since I've now torn ligaments in this ankle five times, my podiatrist suggested I have surgery to a) tighten my loose and unstable ligaments, and b) clean up the scar tissue that has formed.
I will be having surgery instead of attending nationals this summer. I am yet unsure of the recovery and rehabilitation time. Will Oireachtas be part of my dancing career this year? Will I be able to keep my ankles healthy for another two years to chase my world qualification goal? If I have to put off qualifying events for so long, will my perseverance even be paid off with an actual world qualification?
I wish I had the answers to these questions.
Other Odds and Ends:
- Feiseanna I want to attend (barring ankle health and willingness to travel):
- McGrath Feis (I'm registered. I'll be there. Will I dance? Probably not.)
- Holy Angels Feis
- CCE Feis
- Hurley School Feis (A new northern SR feis?!)
- Feile Rince Charlotte
- Old Dominion Feis
- Have you been over to Antonio Pacelli's new community section on their website lately? I blog there monthly with separate content from Rince go Bragh! Be sure to take a look at other blogger's content as well! [Check it out!]
Goals: Don't dance yet. Don't do it.
Days till Os: 292