In this month's edition of Mini Updates: Oireachtas, feiseanna, performances, and a giveaway!
Do you want a free pair of ghillies? (Who am I kidding, of course you do!)
- As much as I hate to say this, I haven't been practicing as much as I should. My current practice plan was put on hold from when school started until essentially now. This week, though, I'm getting back into doing a very focused 20 minutes of drills a day, whether it be stamina, or rhythmic bits from my hornpipe.
- I also suffered a minor set back last Wednesday that had me more scared than anything. In the first dance practice of the fall and as I was running through my reel's second step, I twisted my ankle. I judged it to be a minor sprain, as here I am a week later dancing. Taped up, but dancing.
- This past Sunday was the first day of our Oireachtas team practices. I'm on two mixed teams, which I think is awesome.
- I have registered for both Rhythm of Ireland Feis in October, and the Coyle Feis in November. More later on individual goals for each feis.
- Performance number two (Fairfax Irish Fest) went very well. We performed with a live musician, which was a great practice opportunity for the younger dancers performing about being flexible and adaptable with tempi. I greatly enjoyed meeting with younger dancers from my school who I don't usually see due to being in a different class.
- Right before school started, I cut off all my hair! (Well, not all of it, but a lot of it). I have experimented with a bun wig to great effect. I can still be the Star Spangled Girl With the Curls...my curls are just much smaller (and held in by many more bobby pins).
- Fellow Irish dance blogger and author, Christy Dorrity is releasing her very first novel for young adults entitled Awakening: Book One of the Geis. The book is based in Celtic mythology and is about an Irish dancer, so she is hosting a giveaway to win a pair of Hullachan Pro ghillies. To find out how to enter the giveaway, click here.
|Awakening: Book One of The Geis|
by Christy Dorrity
Photo: courtesy Christy Dorrity
That's it for me dance fans! Hope your next month goes smoothly!
Goals: Seriously, do your daily 20 minute drills. No excuses.
Days till Os: 73