photo Headhome2.jpg  photo Headabout2.jpg  photo Headhistory2.jpg  photo Headtutorials2.jpg  photo Headglossary2.jpg  photo Headcontact2.jpg

1.23.2011

Practice. It's what's for dinner.

This past Friday, I applied for my first U.S. passport. This whole going overseas thing? Is surreal. I have never been out of the U.S. in my life. Who would've known that when I started dancing three and a half years ago that I would be travelling to Ireland to compete in the world championships? That was not my goal or even an ulterior motive. I started dancing simply to dance, and now here I am, three years later at the top level of competitive Irish dancing.

This all just goes to show that hard work and practice pay off kiddos.

Beginner+ 20 minutes of practice 3 days a week for 3 months= Advanced Beginner in all your dances at your next feis.

Advanced Beginner+ 30 Minutes of practice 3 days a week for 3 months= Novice in your stronger set of dances, high placements in all the rest.

Novice+ 45 minutes of practice a day for 6 months= Open Prizewinner, Baby.

Prizewinner+ 1 hour of practice 3 days a week for a year= Preliminary

Preliminary+ 1 Hour of practice 4 days a week for a year= Open Championship

Open Championship+ 1 Hours of Practice a day (even on class days) for 2 years= Worlds Recall

So, according to my fellow blogger, IrishDanceTeacher, I am right on track to become a worlds recaller in five years, meaning two years from now, and that these statements have some validity to them. But let's get real here for a second. I am in my last two semesters of college. This semester I will be preparing for my music ed. voice recital, my MTEC II, VCLA, and Praxis II, while working 15 hours a week and remaining active in my sorority. In the fall, I will be student teaching and probably working 10 hours a week. Will I practice every day for the next two years? No. But maybe that just means I will never get a recall at worlds, and you know what? I don't care. Just saying I am able to participate in that sort of event is quite prestigious and a feat to be congratulated no matter what.

Goals: Turnout, finish learning Drunken Gauger
Days till worlds: 88

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous25.1.11

    Glad the formula is working out for you. I admire your persistence with everything going on in your life. You're an act to follow!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...