- Things are going swell! I tape up my ankle for each dance class I go to for safety measures. I am finally getting my stamina and confidence back (and just in time for three back-to-back weekends of feiseanna).
- I have started learning a new set dance (Lodge Road) and hope to have it completed before surgery. You know, so I can sit around and not dance it for three months, before seeing if I can remember it for the Oireachtas.
- I will be traveling to three feiseanna in the next three weekends! I am really excited to have the chance to compete before I go in for my surgery. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that these won't be my only feiseanna for the year.
- First up is the Holy Angels Feis in Charlotte this weekend. I've never been to this feis before, and the overall cap was really small, so I'm hoping for a low-key return to competition. Mind you, my competition is 16 and over, so it will be fun to compete with people nearly ten years younger than I.
- Next will be CCE (preceded by a day at the Virginia Renaissance Festival). I am bummed that this feis has changed to three rounds. As bad as this is to say, I was looking forward to not having to dance my treble jig.
- Finally for May will be a new feis in Maryland, the Hurley Feis.
- Last month's post resurrected a Rince go Bragh blog post from two and a half years ago. Check out the most recent revision of 'Dancing Frugally,' and don't forget to check back on the community section frequently to read other bloggers' content.
- This fantastic edit was found floating around tumblr. I think it's hilarious.
- I got a new Irish dance themes phone case from Rainy Day Designs!
- My grandfather built me this beautiful shelf to showcase my dancing awards!
Goals: Make it through three rounds on Saturday
Days till Os: 213