photo Headhome2.jpg  photo Headabout2.jpg  photo Headhistory2.jpg  photo Headtutorials2.jpg  photo Headglossary2.jpg  photo Headcontact2.jpg

8.02.2012

The Traveling Feis Monkey: Maggie in Maine

I arrived in Maine to Maggie's house, and I think I only rested one day.


There's so much that goes into preparing for a school feis - it's almost mind boggling! I helped write competitor numbers, create score sheets, and helped order crystal and trophies!

Handing out score sheets!
I also helped Maggie with her dance blues... She's out for a serious injury and was really bummed she couldn't dance.  I joined her on her crutches.  It must have been nice to have a reminder of dance and where she knows she's going to get back to.

We spent a couple days off of just relaxing, including watching the opening ceremony of the London 2012 Olympics!  I hope I can go visit London... It looks like such a beautiful place.

Saturday morning we were up bright and early.  The competition was fierce and I watched many great Preliminary and Open champions throughout the day.  I also got to watch the pre-beginners dance and recieve their medals!  I spent some time with foster mom Zoe, who competed in Prizewinner on a fractured foot--and still won some trophies.  All and all, this has been a great trip and I'm excited to continue on my adventure!

Emily and foster mom Zoe!
I'm Australia bound!  Follow me on Facebook to keep up to date with my adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...