- May 16th was a big day for me. After 98 days of injury recovery, I went to dance class, put on my hard shoes, and danced. I can only do hard shoe dances at the moment due to not being able to jump/land on my bad foot without it hurting, but at least I can dance!
- I am still going to physical therapy, and am halfway through my second round of six weeks. I will go back to the podiatrist at the end of June and hopefully he will graduate me from PT!
- I kicked off the summer feising season by going to cheer on and watch my fellow 18&O champ dancers. Congrats to them, and good luck as they continue preparing for nationals!
- In honor of being able to dance again, I also purchased some killer red ghillies to match my dress for award ceremonies and other fun things.
Old Dominion Feis
- This is my dance school's feis, so you can guarantee I will be there helping in one way or another. (When I know what I'll be doing, I'll post it here so you can come say hi!)
- Old Dominion Feis also marks the start of my fifth year of feising!
Irish Dance How-tos:
- I did not do one for May. I confess, my schedule is uber busy teaching full time. Do not despair because there will be two in the month of June! I am planning to have the first up on my blog and ready for you on June 6th.
- Curious as to what is my dance bag? (Come on, I know you secretly are.) Check out Moira's blog, On My Toes to see a little collaboration post I did there! Also, check out her latest post on joining the 'Mad Abs June' challenge!
- I'm going to go see Riverdance at Wolftrap on June 17th!
- If you're a regular reader, you may have noticed I changed the banner at the top of my blog just for fun. What do you think?
- My school year is done June 15th. Bear with me for minimal posts two more weeks as I finish teaching. I'm already getting geared up with blog post ideas for this summer!
- On May 18th, I attended my own graduation ceremony since my college doesn't hold one in December. Despite receiving my diploma in the mail in February, my graduation is officially official now!
Goals: PT exercises and stamina
Days till Os: 181
Days till Os: 181