photo Headhome2.jpg  photo Headabout2.jpg  photo Headhistory2.jpg  photo Headtutorials2.jpg  photo Headglossary2.jpg  photo Headcontact2.jpg

12.01.2010

Three days out...

Tonight was my last official dance practice before this weekend. I feel ready now. I know before (ahem, yesterday) that I was losing my mind from stress and anxiety, but true to form, dancing has made me feel more sane. Yes, I'm still slightly nervous for the weekend (I know there are things that need more fixing, but what can I do about it now?), but I'm in a better mind set after a solid last practice. I'm actually really excited now.

I'm excited to dance with my fellow senior ladies.
I'm excited for our funky little 4-hand (we're gonna Oireachtas floor like dynamite). I'm excited to be a part of the figure, purely because it's my mom's favorite part of the Oireachtas.
I'm excited for after the dancing is done, when we can all breathe a sigh of relief, reap our hard-earned awards, and party in general.

It was kind of tragic tonight, one of the girls in the figure injured her ankle while doing her reel tonight. Hopefully it is a minor thing and she will be okay to dance this weekend. She is a really beautiful dancer, and I feel horrible for her. I know what it's like to injure yourself right before something big. The only time I have ever broken a bone happened to be the week before our regional competition, which I worked hard to qualify for at the state championships. I just landed wrong on a tumbling pass and, the next thin I knew, I was out of gymnastics for the next few months. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for my fellow team member that it is only something minor.

I wish you an Oireachtas recall,
I wish you an Oireachtas recall,
I wish you an Oireachtas recall
and an awesome set dance!


Goals: Finish getting my stuff together
Days till Os: 3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...