photo Headhome2.jpg  photo Headabout2.jpg  photo Headhistory2.jpg  photo Headtutorials2.jpg  photo Headglossary2.jpg  photo Headcontact2.jpg

8.22.2009

Oireachtas Workshop, Days 3 & 4

Day 3:
This was at the Falls Church location, and I could go on and on about how much I hate dancing on that floor. My shin splints are back, thanks to my friends linoleum and concrete. I also thought I had pulled a muscle in my quad doing a lift for my slip jig. Turns out, it's just a very sore muscle. I learned a new third step for my treble jig, which just needs practice getting it to music. We also practiced the large figure dance from the workshop this past June, and phew! we remembered most of it. I can't wait till it's all put together and perfect like it was at the workshop. It's going to be awesome.

Day 4:
I was very suprised when I woke up in the morning and could walk! Dancing wasn't so bad either. Just some fine tuning for slip jig, and trying to get my third treble jig to music, as well as keeping up with my set. We also practiced the figure again today, and I filled in for one of the boys. Basically I got dragged along for five minutes, and it was apparently very funny to watch. It helps when I'm about half of the other two guys dancing...

I've got all my stuff learned for the solo portion on the Oireachtas, and I'm feeling pretty confident about it all. I'm so excited. I also think I'm going to be the only one who will miss dancing every night for four hours. Geek.

Goals: Videos of SJ, TJ, and Hunt
Days till Os: 105

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...