Goals for the year:
Most people are coming up with new dance goals for the year, however, mine stay the same this time! Those goals are...
- Improve turnout
- Place at least once in opens
- Place higher at nationals (60th in 2010)
- Qualify for worlds
I ended 2011 with only accomplishing two of my goals: improving turn out and placing once in opens. I would like to continue to improve my turn out this year, especially in my hard shoe dances. As for placements, I would like to improve from placing last to some where near placing, if not placing. Doing this, I know I need to turn out more and just find that championship sharpness every time I go out to compete. The biggest goal for the year is to qualify for worlds. I have spent the last two years now on the cusp of being a WQ, just one place shy. I was lucky in 2011; there was an adjudicating conflict. Not so much this year. I would like to say I have qualified for worlds at the Oireachtas, and compete in worlds on American soil before I retire.
Feiseanna to attend:
- Four Provinces or CCE (if held)
- Old Dominion
- Rhythm of Ireland
- Feis Culkin
- My biggest announcement is that this year, I plan to make 12 Irish Dance How-To videos/written tutorials. I will release one each month, and the subjects vary from warming up, to ab workouts, to crafting tutorials! I am really excited to get this under way and you should be too (because. . . )
- . . . Craft tutorials = giveaways!
- Shut the Feis Up (STFU): I will continue to pester my boyfriend to write about Irish dance this year, starting with his reaction of the Oireachtas.
- Of course, I will also continue to keep you updated on what's happening in the dance world from my perspective!
Goals: Nail down the first 8 bars of Kilkenny Races set
Days till NANs: 181